OTHER WAYS TO REGISTER:
PHONE 905-525-9140 ext 22671
FAX a completed registration form 905-572-7099
MAIL your completed registration form to: McMaster University, Continuing Health Sciences Education Program, 1280 Main St. West, DBHSC, Room 5004, Hamilton, ON L8S 4K1
IN PERSON Bring your completed registration form to the Continuing Health Sciences Education Program, 100 Main Street West, 5th Floor, Room 5004, Hamilton, ON L8P 1H6 Monday to Friday between the hours of 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
FOR ACTIVITY INFORMATION
McMaster University, Continuing Health Sciences Education Program
P: 905-525-9140 x 20763
Family Physicians, Specialists, Internists, General Neurologists, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, Clinicians, Residents, Students, and Other Health Professionals.
By attending this activity, through a variety of interactive and informative sessions, participants will be able to:
- Synthesize the clinical diagnosis and management of a first seizure and risk of developing epilepsy.
- Summarize the pathophysiology, characteristic MRI findings and the treatment options of mesial temporal lobe epilepsy; the most common surgically remediable epilepsy syndrome.
- Confer seizures in the elderly when compared to younger adults, their treatment options and prognosis.
- Discuss SUDEP pathophysiology, preventive strategies and creating awareness.
- Recognize most common acute and chronic side effects of AEDs through a case based presentation.
$75 - Physicians
$50 - Other Health Professionals
$40 - Students / Residents
McMaster University reserves the right to cancel a course due to insuf cient registration or any circumstances that are beyond our control. Cancellations received before October 3, 2018 will be refunded less a 25% administrative fee to a maximum of $50.00. No refunds will be issued for cancellations received after this date.