Represent the MSc Global Health
As a Graduate Student Ambassador for the MSc Global Health, you will be part of a collective of student representatives whose mission is to promote the program, provide a channel of communication to potential applicants, engage current students in personal and professional development, and foster relationships with alumni.
What is the role of a Graduate Student Ambassador?
Ambassadors are current FHS and FHS-affiliated graduate students who come from a variety of disciplines and backgrounds. In this role, you will have the opportunity to be creative and generate ideas on how to promote the Global Health. The position is a volunteer-based leadership opportunity for a one year (renewable) term.
As an Ambassador you will:
- Be featured on the website with a Student Ambassador profile
- Assist with graduate student events (e.g. HSGS Open House, individual program’s Open House, webinars, workshops, career-related events etc.)
- Be willing to have prospective students and alumni contact/communicate via phone, email, or in person
Who can Apply?
You can apply to be a Graduate Student Ambassador if you:
- Are currently enrolled in an FHS or FHS-affiliated Graduate Program in good academic standing
- Have knowledge of respective degrees and programs and the City of Hamilton
- Are willing to volunteering for at least 2 events/or 10 hours per semester and attend meetings.
- Will be dedicated and reliable
What are the Benefits?
- Be a student leader
- Enhance interpersonal and professional skills
- Take part in events
- Make new friends and build your professional network
- Receive a participation letter at the end of the year recognizing volunteer hours and experience
- Add the Student Ambassador role to your CV
- An opportunity to be proactive and improve graduate education experience
Ready to Apply?
- Interested students/program applicants: Submit this application form and your resume to the MSc Global Health office by August 7th
- The program will review the applications and submit the program nominations to the HSGS office for final approval by the Associate Dean, Graduate Studies, FHS. Please note that each program may nominate 2 Ambassadors (for example -one from the Master’s program and one from PhD, or one from the thesis-based option and another from the course-based cohort – this decision will be at the discretion of the graduate program)
- Graduate programs and those selected will be notified of their success, and Ambassadors will be required to attend an orientation session that will be held in September (date TBC).
If you have questions regarding the FHS Graduate Student Ambassador Program, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org