MacOrtho was pleased to host the 2015 Canada-France-Belgium-Swiss (CFBS) Travelling fellows. Dr. Eric Nectoux from France presented his research on Femoroacetabular impingment and SCFE while Dr. Frederic Paternostre from Belgium discussed the benefits of personalized surgical instrumentation for total knee arthroplasty.
This year the CFBS Travelling Fellowship was coupled with our Resident Research Day 2015. The following PGY5s presented their research:
- Stuart Bisland: Retrospective Review of Pain Management in Patients with Bony Metastases Secondary to Prostate Cancer
- Kevin Chan: Systematic Review of Delayed vs. Early Motion Rehab Following Arthroscopic Rotation Cuff Repair
- Khaled Hasan: PARITY Survey
- Justin Todd: A Comparison of Orthopaedic Faculty and Resident Perceptions of the Learning Needs of Residents
- Moin Khan: Arthroscopic surgery for degenerative tears of the meniscus: a systematic review and meta-analysis
In addition to the PGY5s, our residents in the Surgeon Scientist Program also presented their work:
- Dr. Nathan Evaniew: Strategies to improve the credibility of meta-analyses in spine surgery: A systematic survey
- Dr. Harman Chaudhry: Are Volar Locking Plates Superior to Percutaneous K-wires forDistalRadiusFractures? A Meta-analysis.
- Dr. Raman Mundi: Nonunion in Patients with Tibial Shaft Fractures—Can Early Functional Recovery Predict Healing?