Dr. Nathan Evaniew is a 4th year resident in the MacOrtho training program. He is currently completing his two-year Master’s degree in Health Research Methodology with a specialization in Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics. His subspecialty and research interests are spine surgery and evidence-based orthopaedics.
Some fun facts about Dr. Evaniew are that:
1) He was the lead singer and guitar player of a heavy metal band named ‘Rainbows and Sunshine’ in high school, and he played bass guitar in a jazz quartet named ‘The Arrhythmias’ in medical school.
2) He has participated in an Olympic-distance triathlon and two ‘Around-the-bay’ races on MacOrtho relay teams.
3) Along with fellow residents Dr. Leon Van Der Watt and Dr. Adrian Kurz, he is going to ride in the 2014 Paris to Ancaster bicycle race on April 27th.
4) He was awarded the Hamilton Health Sciences ‘Outstanding Junior Resident of the Year’ award while he was a PGY-2 resident in 2012.
5) This summer, Dr. Evaniew and his Fiancé are going to hike the West Coast Trail in BC’s Pacific Rim National Park before getting married in the Rocky Mountains of Alberta's Banff National Park.
Picture: Dr. Nathan Evaniew and his