Dr. Michelle Ghert is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Surgery, and the Department of Oncology, at McMaster University. She is the Associate Program Director for the Orthopaedic Training Program and the Deputy Director for Research at the Centre for Evidence-Based Orthopaedics. Dr. Ghert currently co-heads the musculoskeletal tumour surgery research team within the Division of Orthopaedic Surgery.
Some fun facts about Dr. Ghert are that:
1. She competed as an All-American synchronized swimmer at Stanford University.
2. Her household is bilingual; everyone speaks both French and English.
3. After her fellowship, she travelled around the world for 10 months.
4. One of her favourite past times is competing in running races.
5. When she was little, Dr. Ghert said that she wanted to be a commercial airplane pilot and her dad said 'no'.