Donate directly by clicking the button above or print and mail our donation form.
Orthopaedic injuries and disorders affect the lives of millions of people in Canada and around the world. MacOrtho researchers and educators are committed to improving the lives of those living with musculoskeletal disease through our world-class research, education, and global outreach programs.
We are extremely pleased to announce the launch of our Champions for Change fundraising campaign. Our video and website uniquely share MacOrtho’s vision and explains why your support is critical to the success of our innovative and world-leading programs.
Thank you for helping us to make a real difference in the lives of millions of patients suffering from musculoskeletal injuries and disorders and their families world-wide.
ONLY THROUGH YOUR SUPPORT
Your generosity will help us reach our goal for this year set at $250,000 in our Champions for Change Campaign. By donating to us you can be a part of our initiative to change the field of orthopaedic surgery through our research, our education, and our global outreach by supporting our faculty and alumni.
[Please click on each box below to view more information]
MACORTHO FAST FACTS
- Clubfoot is the most common congenital disorder of the legs — one in every 1,000 babies is born with clubfoot.
- About half of all boys and a quarter of all girls break a bone sometime during childhood.
- One in every six women who reported to the fracture clinic had suffered some form of intimate partner violence within the last year.
- Trauma will be the third largest killer in the developing world by 2020.
- Arthritis affects one in seven Canadians, half of whom are betwen the ages of 30 and 50 years old.
- Fractures from osteoporosis are more common than heart attack, stroke and breast cancer combined.
WHY SUPPORT MACORTHO
- Our overall vision is simple — To improve lives of patients with musculoskeletal disease and to be the world leaders in orthopaedic surgery education and research.
- Orthopaedic injuries and disorders are common, and they effect hundreds of millions of people around the world and people of every age are at risk.
- MacOrtho will change and save lives.
- The pain and physical disability brought about by musculoskeletal injuries and disorders decrease the quality of life for both patients and their loved ones. Identifying improved strategies for treating patients with orthopaedic injuries and disorders will change the lives of orthopaedic patients in Canada and around the globe. Only through conducting high quality education, global outreach, and research can the suffering associated with orthopaedic injuries and disorders be reduced and alleviated.
- There is a lack of funding available for education, global outreach, and research initiatives on orthopaedic injuries and disorders.
- Your support is vital to improving the lives of people with orthopaedic injuries and disorders around the globe.
MACORTHO'S NEED FOR FUNDING
- High quality education, global outreach initiatives, and research studies are extremely costly to complete.
- We are not able to cover the costs of these activities through government funding alone.
- To conduct the best possible education and research we need to improve our aging infrastructure. Funds raised will enable us to enhance our infrastructure to make it state of the art.
- Funds reaised will enable us to attract and retain the talented new orthopaedic surgeons with interests in education, global outreach, and research who will ensure the ongoing success of MacOrtho.