The Division of Palliative Care, Department of Family Medicine, McMaster University invites nominations for the 2019 Elizabeth J. Latimer Prize in Palliative Care.
This prize is awarded in honour of Dr. Elizabeth J. Latimer, pioneer and internationally renowned Palliative Care physician and educator. The prize provides an opportunity to honour not only Dr. Latimer, but also other colleagues whose work continues to pave the way for growth and improvement of end-of-life care in our region.
The Elizabeth J. Latimer Prize in Palliative Care recognizes a palliative care clinician, teacher, researcher, or administrator who best represents the spirit of Dr. Latimer through a record of advancing palliative care in the McMaster catchment area and has demonstrated:
- a commitment to compassionate, comprehensive palliative care to patients and their families &
- a commitment to interprofessional collaboration and support &
- a spirit of pioneering, trail blazing, and innovation &
- initiative and perseverance that has resulted in the advancement of palliative care
As well as at least 2 of the following:
- excellence in clinical care
- excellence in teaching and the development of academic thought
- outstanding leadership and support for colleagues
- participation in policy or system development at the regional, provincial or national level
Nominations are welcomed until December 31, 2018 and must include a brief biography of the candidate as well as the nominee’s eligibility for this award with particular reference to his/her innovative endeavors in end-of-life care. Please see the following links to access the terms of reference and the nomination form.
Terms of Reference
The Selection Committee will meet after December 31st to review nominations. Recommendations will be made to the Executive Committee of the Division of Palliative Care. Recipients and their nominators will be notified in February 2019. The Elizabeth J. Latimer Prize will be awarded on February 26, 2019.
A completed nomination form including all supporting documentation should be sent to:
The Chair, Selection Committee, Elizabeth J. Latimer Prize in Palliative Care
c/o Tracy MacKinnon, Division of Palliative Care
100 Main Street West, 6thd Floor, David Braley Health Sciences Centre, Hamilton, ON L8P 1H6
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.fhs.mcmaster.ca/palliativecare
Telephone: 905-525-9140 extension 28507