Palliative Care is an exciting field for Interprofessional practice where clinicians will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with patients in a rewarding and enriching career. The Division of Palliative Care at McMaster University currently offers education to medical students at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
The Division of Palliative Care also provides Interprofessional education to students currently enrolled in health care professional schools such as medicine, nursing, pharmacy, social work, rehab sciences, and chaplaincy. The Interprofessional Seminar Series is an exciting opportunity for students to learn more about pallative care in a collaborative learning environment.
Through our strong dedication to continuing education, the Division offers courses, events, and forums for a variety of health care professionals in the field of Palliative Care. For more information, please follow the Continuing Education link.
- To coordinate interprofessional undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing education activities in Palliative Care
- To identify new initiatives in Palliative Care education in all faculties related to:
- Discipline specific education
- Interprofessional education
- To evaluate and appropriately integrate new initiatives into interprofessional education curricula at all levels
- To identify and support Palliative Care leaders in various programs/faculties
- To collaborate at national and provincial levels with relevant Palliative Care education groups to implement exemplary interprofessional education programs
- To collaborate at national and provincial levels with relevant Palliative Care initiatives that will move the Division of Palliative Care toward its vision