Effective May 1st, 2011, mail service will be reduced to one delivery/pick-up per day and will be handled by McMaster University (currently mail service for many FHS locations is provided by HHS).
Please ensure you provide the following mailing address in all correspondence going forward:
Your Department Building, Floor and Room Number (For example, Health Sciences Centre, Room 3A)
1280 Main Street West
Hamilton, ON L8S 4K1
Although this change is effective May 1, 2011, everyone recognizes that all changes cannot/will not be immediate. After May 1, 2011, any mail with the 1200 Main Street West address will still be delivered to you, but it may take slightly longer to reach you.
- Printed items, such as business cards and paper letterhead with the HHS address can be used up before being replaced;
- Use the new mailing address on any new orders for printed items being submitted now;
- Your electronic address can be changed now;
- Please notify any vendor/supplier of the new address (i.e. Rogers/ Bell);
- Please ensure that the individual's name the invoice is intended for (i.e. Rogers – account for Dr. XXXXX) is included on the accounts mailing information.
- Joanne Robinson will send one listing to the Canadian Medical Directory (CMD) of this change for all the physicians
- During the transition, it will also be very important to include the department information, including room number and building on ALL outgoing mail, including interoffice envelopes.
- For outgoing Canada Post and Medcos mail, you will need to provide the full 10-digit University account number. The 6-digit number is no longer acceptable (ie. you must include the minor code). The University will also be looking to replace the Medcos contract with another vendor (HHS's contract with Medcos has also expired) in order to continue to provide this service. More details will be forthcoming.
- International mail will be sorted into "USA" and "Other". All other outgoing mail will need to be sorted as we do currently (ie. Campus, Canada Post, Medcos)
INFORMATION sessions are being held, in the month of April for any staff who are able to attend. The mail room staff will be there to answer questions. The session dates will be:
- Wednesday, April 6th HSC-1A6 2:00-3:00pm (holds 100)
- Friday April 8th MDCL 3022 10:00-11:00am (holds 60)
- Monday April 11th MDCL 2232 2:00-3:00 (holds 80)
- Tuesday, April 12, in HSC 1A1 10:00-11:00am (holds 300).
The Faculty Administration recognizes this will be a transition for everyone, and have requested our patience as we move to this new model of service. Please keep in mind that this level of service is consistent for other university buildings on campus.