The Postgraduate Medical Education Office provides centralized administrative services for postgraduate trainees and presently charges a $735 registration fee per academic year. The office is responsible for the registration and/or verification of registration, of all postgraduate trainees, as outlined in the Letter of Appointment, with the following institutions.
- The University - Postgraduate trainees are registered with the University and receive an I.D. card to allow access to the University facilities.
- The Affiliated Teaching Hospitals – Postgraduate trainees must be registered with the PGMEO in order to obtain medical privileges at the teaching hospitals.
- The College of Physicians & Surgeons of Ontario — Issuance of the Letter of Appointment and verification of licensure on behalf of the Teaching Hospitals.
- Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA) — Verification of membership with CMPA on behalf of the Teaching Hospitals.
- Verification of Appointment, Level, change of status, immunization status, to the Paymaster.
- The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada/The College of Family Physicians — verification of training and completion of the FITER.
- The Medical Council of Canada — verification of postgraduate registration in order to access the MCCQE Part II examination.
The PGMEO will provide written verification, on request and free of charge, while registered in the program to banks, licensing authorities, etc.