Research Grant Review Process
HRS updates and disseminates all funding information for the Faculty of Health Sciences. Agency Information and Deadlines appears on this Home Page and is disseminated to departments and the program administrators or to individuals upon request.
HRS reviews all Faculty of Health Sciences research and personnel award submissions (Including grants, contracts, and clinical trials) to ensure that :
- University/Faculty/Hospital policies and guidelines are followed,
- Requirements of granting agencies and government ministries are met,
- Appropriate institutional signatures are included.
The review is more than cursory; it is not automatic and the review period generally requires two weeks. Special arrangements may be made with the Associate Dean, Research. HRS liaises with appropriate University offices (VP Research, Research Services and Research Contracts) on behalf of researchers as necessary.
When submitting proposals, Health Research Services requires:
- Completed Health Research Services checklist with the original signature of the Department Chair (or designate)
- Summary of research or working/draft copy of proposal
- Grant signature page (signed by P.I. and Department Chair)
- Budget and budget justification
- Signed Assurances Forms (Human Ethics, Animal Ethics, Biosafety, Radiation Safety)
When funds are awarded, a notification of award (NOA)/funding agreement is required with the above paperwork to request a research account. Deposit and reporting of these funds is handled by Health Research Finance.